The Santa Barbara International Film Festival is an eleven-day film festival held in Santa Barbara, California since 1986. The Festival Starts Wednesday February 3 – 13th – there will be 200 Films + Celebrity Tributes + Panel Discussions + Filmmaker Q&A’s + Daily FREE Community Events + Educational Programs FOR ALL AGES!
In 2015, the festival screened over 200 films, including feature films and short films, from different countries and regions. Click here to see this year’s wonderful line up of what to look forward toward the 31st Annual Film Festival.
Santa Barbara Design Center is proud to be sponsoring the 31st Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival! We decorated the Rosebud Suite at the Santa Barbara Hotel for the platinum pass holders, directors, writers and VIP participates for this years festival.
We are very excited about the Tribute that is lined up this year at SBIFF. The Festival has become an important showcase for Academy-Award® front runners, many of whom have arrived as nominees and gone on to win the Oscar. The 31st Santa Barbara International Film Festival proudly celebrates some of the year’s finest work in film. The complete list of 2016 Honorees (in date order) is as follows:
- Scott Cooper will present Johnny Depp with the esteemed Maltin Modern Master Award sponsored by UGG, moderated by longtime friend and film historian Leonard Maltin on Thursday, February 4th.
• Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo and Rachel McAdams will receive the American Riviera Award sponsored by Engel & Völkers on Friday, February 5th.
• The 2016 Virtuosos Award sponsored by Travel + Leisure will be presented to Elizabeth Banks (LOVE & MERCY), Joel Edgerton (BLACK MASS), Paul Dano (LOVE & MERCY, YOUTH), Jacob Tremblay (ROOM), Alicia Vikander (THE DANISH GIRL, EX MACHINA), O’Shea Jackson Jr. (STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON) and Géza Röhrig (SON OF SAUL) in recognition of the year’s emerging film artists. Dave Karger, Chief Correspondent and host of “The Frontrunners” on Fandango will moderate the evening on Saturday, February 6th.
• Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan will receive the Outstanding Performers of the Year Award, moderated by Pete Hammond, on Monday, February 8th.
• The Montecito Award will be Tuesday, February 9th and is sponsored by Hennessy. Will go to Sylvester Stallone.
• The Variety Artisans Awards will take place on Wednesday, February 10th and will be moderated by Variety’s Sr. VP Awards Editor, Tim Gray. Honorees to be announced.
• The Outstanding Director of the Year Award sponsored by The Hollywood reporter will be Thursday, February 11th and will be moderated by THR’s Scott Feinberg. Honorees to be announced.
• Rooney Mara will receive the Cinema Vanguard Award, presented to her by Cate Blanchett, on Friday, February 12th.
All tributes take place at the historic Arlington Theatre except the Variety Artisans Award, which will be at the Lobero Theatre. Please get your tickets in advance because many of these tributes sell out quickly!